Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Try a DIY Skinnies

My new jeans!
     I just inherited ten (!) pairs of old jeans from my sister. The good news is: I don't have to wear my jeans whose zipper broke six months ago from Rue 21! anymore! Yay! But the bad news is they are all super light rinses and and were all flared or boot cuts, aka, super out-dated. I was grateful for the jeans, but pretty bummed that they weren't the kind that I would actually enjoy wearing.

    But that was yesterday. Today, the best pairs are now skinnies! I was sooooo inspired by this blog on ModCloth ages and ages ago, but didn't have any jeans with which try out the revamping. Since I went through my 
wardrobe minimization, I've been living in three pairs of jeans, two of which have zippers that hate me and one of which has a zipper that broke two days after I bought them. Now that I had a supply of jeans to experiment with, I went right to work!

It was ridiculously easy! I didn't follow the tutorial exactly (I'm such an instant gratification junkie...), but the jeans turned out AMAZING! I turned 4 pairs into skinnies and it took me about 20 minutes per pair. The hardest part was pinning the jeans to fit my legs. I ended up sitting on the floor and starting at my ankle and working up to my knee, but it would have been sooooo much easier if I'd had someone pinning them for me. 

 However, now I'm left with four pale pairs of skinnies that are great for work and around the house, but aren't quite as glamorous as the skinnies I've seen in stores and magazines. I'm hoping that my next project will involve some bleach and fabric dye via this blog. 


 




 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment