Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Day Dreaming

I've started to think about the wedding again lately. It's weird, after we decided to postpone it, and especially after I got the wedding dress that I'm not going to wear, I haven't felt any excitement for the wedding at all. I don't know if it's because I'm jobless and we have no money, so my practical mind is clamping down on my imagination, but it's been the last thing on my mind. I started pinning wedding ideas on Pinterest months and months before Kris proposed, but I haven't looked at those boards in ages.

And now, all of a sudden, I've been taking notice of wedding stuff again. All I feel in regards to it is sheer and utter depression, because I don't see how we could possibly afford a wedding any time within the next year, but I'm looking. And day dreaming.

  And looking at boho chic weddings on Pinterest.

My god, I love the idea of a boho wedding. There's part of me that's such a little love child, who wants to wear a flower crown and a lacy, flowing gown (or flowing Grecian gown, holy cow!) and walk down the aisle bare foot to meet my barefoot husband-to-be who's only wearing rolled up khakis and a white button down shirt.

I want my guests to sit on borrowed carpets in the middle of a field and I want every woman who comes to my wedding to have a flower in her hair. I don't want a lot of guests.

 I want my bridesmaids to have long, flowing dresses in beautiful, pale colors. I want a magical tent for the reception (do you SEE that amazing lacy concoction down there?!). I want it to be strung with twinkle lights and every flat surface to have a candle on it. I want daisies and mismatched china and floating lanterns and Carnival glass.

I want my groom to play guitar for me and to have longish ruffled hair. I want simple, light appetizers and crisp, fruity wine. Or microbrewed beer! I want our favors to be little paper bags of seeds or succulents in teacups or homemade jars of jam.

It'll never happen, and I think I'm okay with that. But it sure is nice to daydream.  




No comments:

Post a Comment