Tuesday, July 16, 2013

My Life Lately

This week in my world: I am sucking at my new lifestyle change. I don't know if I told you about the WomanCode diet, where you cycle-sync your foods and activities to match the different stages of your menstrual cycle and works with your endocrine system to get the maximum efficiency from your body, etc, etc. I do a lousy job of explaining it, but in case you're interested, you should check out this link to find out more.

It's a really awesome premise and I was (am?) really excited about it. Until I went to my parent's for 4th of July weekend and totally wrecked it. Hamburgers, chips, soda, brats, burritos, etc, etc, etc...holy freaking cow! I brought jogging clothes, but didn't go out once. It was too hot, it was raining, it was the 4th and I deserved a day off.

And it spiraled. Last week was a total mess. We're not doing so hot on money at the moment, what with me still on the hunt, and last week's grocery shopping took me down to $14 left in my bank account (because, you know, saving up 6 months worth of money in case of emergencies is not something you do in college). Which made me super depressed, which meant I ate relatively healthily, but barely made it out of my bed while Kris was in Canon working. 

So yeah...This week I'm trying to get back on track. Kris and I made a budget for how we'll try to spend his monthly paycheck and I've applied for jobs, not careers, in the area to help make ends meet while I try to find a career.

The last four days have been pretty good. We borrowed a dehydrator from his parents and tried making our own beef jerky and dried apple chips. I've been jogging/walking twice, though my right knee isn't liking the jogging so much. And we have a fridge that has enough healthy-ish food in it to last the week.

Maybe by this time next week I'll have a job and life won't be so stressful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment