Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Back to School: The Living Room Edition



So, my plan for this school year was to move into an on-campus apartment at CSU-P with the RA for the on-campus apartments (also one of my very best friends). However, last Friday, my bestie calls me up and tells me that she's been FIRED from her RA-ship and that I can either live with her and her gf off-campus or keep my current living situation and just have three roommates that I don't know. Great. Financial aid pays for my housing whilst I'm on-campus, so now I'm stuck with three girls I don't know and zero furniture.

Didn't I mention? My bestie has been stocking up on furniture all summer and told me (and the other two roomies) that we didn't have to bother bringing anything to the apartment except what we wanted in our bedrooms because she had taken care of everything else. So, now I have two weeks to figure out how badly I really need a couch or a dining room table. Or a frying pan and baking ware. And, as you all know, I have zero money to do any of this with, nor will I be getting money for anything anytime soon, since my job here has cut my hours down to less than ten a week. Lovely.

AND to add insult to injury, I got an IKEA catalog in the mail yesterday. The gods of style and shopping are mocking me, I swear. Ergo, in lieu of actually having furniture, I present to you my dream furniture for my living room:

IKEA PS 2012 Coffee Table
                                    
Pier1 Double Papasan Chair
Pier1 Gillian Loveseat
Pier1 Wine Silk Pillow
Pier1 Blue Plush Pillow
IKEA Malin Fransar Cushion
IKEA Karlstad Loveseat and Chaise Lounge (in a different color)
                                      

Pier1 Round Red Rose Tuffed Rug
IKEA Lack Sofa Table
                                               
Crate and Barrel Alston Ivory/Grey Curtains
                                                
Crate and Barrel Dahlia Mirror
Crate and Barrel Zambales Tray
                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment