Wednesday, May 23, 2012

My Motorcycle Helmet

     I have an interview today! It's not anything close to the kind of job I actually want and is actually a step in reverse as far as the food service industry goes, but I have less than $40 in my checking account, so I'm delighted with the prospect of any kind of job. Hopefully I won't screw the interview up like I did at the Dollar Tree...

     The thing that sucks is that I actually just volunteered myself to the English dept. at CSM in hopes that if I told them I was willing to volunteer for them, they might be more willing to pay me than if I just begged for a job. It would be a great resume builder and if I get this job, I won't be able to do the volunteering. Gah.

     While we're waiting to find out whether or not I'll be able to buy gas/groceries next week, here's what I did when I wasn't panicking about jobs and checking accounts...

     I saw a ModCloth blogger use Modge Podge to revamp a bicycle helmet with a map she picked up at a convenience store. Now, my man drives a motorcycle (and only a motorcycle) and last year I bought this nasty blue helmet with gray lightening bolts on it because it was on sale for $75, which is a super steal.

      Except I hated wearing it because it was so masculine and ugly. When I saw the mapped helmet , I nearly died of desire to try the same thing on my motorcycle helmet. It only took me an evening to get the paper on there (I tore scrapbook paper up to accommodate the shape of the helmet.) and then I spent the next couple of days applying layer upon layer of Modge Podge onto it to really seal it up. I finally finished it with a glossy spray sealant, just to make sure that it was super water-proof. And then Kris made me put on four more layers of sealant to make it even more waterproof.


   
    It still reeks of the sealant, even after to baths in Fabreeze. But I'm absolutely in love with it now and I can't wait to wear it on the bike! Plus, Kris is THIS close to letting me decoupage his helmet too. But he won't let me use the pirate skull and crossbones paper I want to. I'm sure he'll change his mind once he sees how people adore my new helmet (because how could they not?)

1 comment:

  1. Simple said, it`s better sometimes to get motorcycle helmets and receive higher quality, rather than expensive one with low quality.

    ReplyDelete